My Blog List

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

DIY: Valentines gift for Kinley's classmates

Pinterest makes me want to do everything I see on there. For Valentines day we decided to make a gift the kids could use instead of any type of candy (especially at their age).

We used 2 boxes of crayons and broke them into pieces (1/2-1 inch pieces).
* my best friend Kaleena was in town and helped us with this project*




We them put them in a silicone heart mold I purchased at Michaels.






We baked at about 200 for 10-15 mins. I checked them every 5 minutes. Then let cool for about 30 minutes.





Here is the finished product. Found Valentine bags in the dollar section at Target. Used double sticky tape, which didn't hold the crayon. So we ended up using a non toxic glue and glued them to a piece of thick paper. Back of the card said " you color my world. Love, Kinley"


They were a big hit and so easy to make! We even saved a few to have at home when coloring.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment