My Blog List

Monday, October 10, 2011

DIY Barrette holder


Ryan thinks I have been "nesting" this past weekend.  I just wanted to get things done around the house.  I organized my closet, the kitchen cabinets (putting glasses away to make room for bottles) and worked on getting the nursery together.


I found a little tutorial online on how to make a barrette holder.  I have 4 frames that were used at my shower to display ultrasound photos and photos of Ryan and I.  I used these frames to  make the barrette holders.




 A few pictures from the process...



Here is what I started with.. 

I used acrylic paint and painted the frames white.


While they were drying Ryan cut out the foam for me. 


 The fabric was already cut and in the frames.  I put the piece of foam behind the fabric and then cut out ribbon.  The ribbon was then glued stapled to the back (The glue just wasn't working out and I was being inpatient).




Here is the final project... with one little barrette waiting to go in Kinley's hair.




Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! Very pretty. Now go make me some. Haha!

    ReplyDelete